What is U-40 Syringes for ProZinc & Vetsulin Insulin?
U-40 Syringes are the preferred choice for insulin administration for ease-of-use and your pet's comfort. For veterinary use only with ProZinc Insulin. U-40 Syringes require a prescription from your veterinarian if you reside in Connecticut, Delaware, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Florida (Broward and Dade counties) or New York.
Cats for Vetsulin and Prozinc, Dogs for Vetsulin
- High-quality sterile syringe for managing your pet's glucose levels
- Nonpyrogenic (does not produce fever)
- 100 syringes in each box
- Available with or without a sharps container for easy disposing
How it Works:
The U-40 Syringe is a high quality, sterile, insulin syringe for veterinary use only. It is the preferred choice for administering insulin and managing your pet's glucose levels. Our U-40 1cc, U-40 .3cc (3/10) and U-40 .5cc (1/2) syringes come inside sharps containers, which are very easy to use. When you are ready to inject your pet, simply take one of the U-40 syringes out of the bottom of the container. After injection, place the used syringe into the hole on the top and twist the knob located on the side of the container until the syringe falls to the bottom.
Do not sterilize or reuse syringe.
U-40 Insulin Syringe Directions:
- To draw the insulin into the syringe, inject the insulin bottle with the syringe and pull back on the syringe plunger until the proper dose is inside the syringe barrel.
- Do not sterilize or reuse syringe.
- For the syringes that come with sharps containers, pull an unused syringe out of the bottom on the container and when done injecting, drop the used syringe into the hole at the top and turn the knob on the side until it falls inside the container.
- Follow your community's guidelines for the proper disposal of sharps and sharps containers.
When drawing the insulin into the syringe, keep the vial upside down, with the syringe needle pointing upwards to release the insulin back into the bottle if any air enters the syringe.
U-40 Insulin Syringe Dosage:
|All weights||If dose is up to 12 units, U-40 .3cc (3/10) syringe used for Vetsulin and ProZinc. If dose is 12.5-20 units, U-40 .5cc (1/2) syringe used for Vetsulin and ProZinc. If dose is 20.5-40 units, use U-40 1cc syringe used for Vetsulin and ProZinc|
|All weights||If dose is up to 12 units, U-40 .3cc (3/10) syringe used for Vetsulin. If dose is 12.5-20 units, U-40 .5cc (1/2) syringe used for Vetsulin. If dose is 20.5-40 units, use U-40 1cc syringe used for Vetsulin|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Store at room temperature away from children and pets.
U-40 Insulin Syringe Details:
|Plastic Syringe, 29 Gauge x Needle||Latex-Free|